Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Calculations and Procrastination

After many unsuccessful attempts, I finally have a block for my Irish quilt that works! For the design of the quilt, each block has two dark green sides and two light green sides. When arranged properly, the light sides of four blocks form a cross and the dark sides of four blocks form a cross.
The light sides matching up
The dark sides matching up

The blocks aren't squared up or even very well pressed yet because I was just so excited to finally see a finished cross. I had fun arranging them different ways to try to get an idea for the finished layout. I think the entire quilt will be 36 by 36 blocks. The only thing I'm not loving at the moment is the pinwheel effect the alternating corner triangles are creating.
I just don't want it to distract from the over all effect of the alternating crosses. Hopefully it will be subtle enough to not be to noticeable. So, tomorrow, I plan to make headway on the rest of the blocks and have the top pieced by Friday.

I have a bunch of other projects going at the moment as well. I need to put borders on this wall hanging before I can quilt it.

I know, I know. You all are so jealous of how on top of things I am. I clearly finish projects in time for the holiday they are intended. Or not. Sigh. Oh well. I'm just telling myself I'm really early for next Halloween. I love this pattern. It's from Buttermilk Basin and was really fun to sew. Don't you just love this bat and his button eyes?

 I love Halloween so I don't really mind working on Halloween projects all year round. Do you find yourself making projects that you finish so late that you end up early for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment